Sedate swans mute digesting lunch
the weight lifted out from beneath their feet.
Oak boards rest cut in iron shoes and work seems
a long way away.
After she changed
and the curtain was pushed aside,
perfume lingered still.
The clothes she cast off,
not quite right for her body,
hung to one side.
Stepping in to retrieve the hangers
I dance with her absent form.
A scented neck I never saw kissing itself against my startled lips.
- world-is-burning reblogged this from uutpoetry
- braydenb65 likes this
- darlingnikki- reblogged this from uutpoetry
- parisstreetrainyday likes this
- dankfetus reblogged this from uutpoetry
- outcards likes this
- jeansagesse reblogged this from uutpoetry
- thedopepoet reblogged this from uutpoetry
- chrissy-b likes this
- hihikim101 likes this
- kentiyadyree likes this
- sherlocktorwho likes this
- thescenicword likes this
- theendoftimes submitted this to uutpoetry